Saturday, March 31, 2007

Delayed Anticipation

We were suppose to leave for St. George, UT on Friday except Te came down with a cold and there's no way were leaving the vicinity until we know his breathing is in the clear. Last year during Spring Break we ran to the Oregon Coast with the Marleys and exasperated a cold Te had that landed us in the hospital. Granted we are running off to warmer weather - it just makes sense to stick put when your kid needs breathing treatments every few hours. Usually day 3 is the climax of most of his colds and then it's on the downhill slope. We anticipate departure on Monday. However, if we are unable to travel to St. George to drink in Zion National Park or St. George's 28th annual Art Festival - we'll live no different. In fact, if we stick close to home for a week it may potentially be more productive in regards to preparing for Spring, Market, and finding order in our lives after a year. I love to roadtrip and I love to leave the valley - however, sometimes the Universe tells you to just stay put - the lesson you need to learn is right in your backyard. We are fortunate that we see many sunny days - and if I check out the weather channel perhaps the valley has some awesome weather to behold. I am open to whatever falls into our lap.

Something sweet. Yesterday before going to the doc to check out this crap on Te's face - I had Te dressed with his jacket on and everything ready to go. He needed his nose cleaned since he had a bunch of dried boogs from his cold. Normally when I am trying to get Te to focus on what I am saying I take his sweet face in my hand and make him look at me while I address him. He told me he didn't want me to clean his face. He proceeded to place his two little hands on my cheeks and said to me, "momma look at me, look at me momma." I said yes. "Momma no clean face." It was truly one of those sweet and very very endearing moments.

No comments: