Thursday, March 15, 2007

Nice to meet you

So you wonder what kind of memory retention little people have - like what their first memory is - especially someone like me who frankly has forgotten many memories in my life that are played back to me by family and friends. Te was bitten by Stan on October 14, 2006. We don't talk about it alot - he knows Stan bit him. He tells you when you pull back his hair to apply vitamin E. The scars are clearing up nicely which is a relief to me, and probably an even bigger relief to Jeff. It was less than a month ago before the redness on the forehead scar started dissipating that Jeff wanted me to call the plastic surgeon. I have made a point to not make any kind of deal out of it cause I never want Te to have any hang ups. I am pretty certain he will not. That was five months ago.
Today - he kind of threw me off guard when he was done eating his dinner he clasped my hand in both of his little hands, started shaking it, and saying, "nice to meet you, nice to meet you." My dad taught him that little gesture - probably more then a year ago - and probably not much since he passed. It was very cool and at the same time very trippy. It just proves his memory retention goes back at least a year.
I know Te has a pretty sound memory - his retention level is phenomenal - his comprehension too. I love that little dude - he teaches me new things every day. Thank God for our blessings, no need to count them, because this whole experience called life is really all a blessing in disguise.

No comments: