Saturday, April 14, 2007

Growing Up

They always say children grow like weeds. It is always overwhelming how quickly Te changes. He is such a beautiful and amazing little dude. Last Friday we picked up his bed and he slept well on Saturday night. Momma on the other hand cried. Sunday he woke up about four times, inquiring, "mom? mom?" - eventually I put him in his bed beside ours about 4am. Two more nights he slept in his bed - then the other night I asked if he was going to be a big boy and sleep in his bed while momma went to sleep in her bed. Te said, me sleep momma bed. I may of not been so lenient except I was tired and I knew one way or the other I was going to have to lay down with him to help him go to sleep. So - he is again sleeping in the bed beside ours. I don't mind - and I know eventually I do have to let him move on into his room across the hall and be persistent about it, yet I am not anxious. I find it quite comforting listening to him sleep - although I have been told I will find great pleasure in redeeming my bed & bedroom back. In due time.
Since Te's bed has come into the house the cats seem to hang around in his bedroom more then before. In fact the first night, both Coho & Spike, slept at the foot of Te's bed. The other day Te went into his bedroom and Jeff called me to tell me that Te found Spike on his bed and told him as Spike got up to leave, "get out, get out, get out of my business." The things they pick up.

Everyday Te amazes me - so desperately trying to keep the memories fresh.

Today as we left Auntie's I asked Te if he wanted to go home or go for a hike. He answered by saying, "the river." So we went for a little walk along the Boise River banks off Parkcenter and across from Warm Springs Golf Course. Te ran down the Greenbelt across the bridge and down the dirt path. We threw rocks in the river, got our feet wet. It was a beautiful day.

No comments: