Monday, May 05, 2008

You Live, You Learn, You Laugh, You Learn...

Yesterday was a very pleasant and lovely day and along with that it had its challenging moments. You see Te & I spent all our day together and that is completely and totally wonderful; however, by the end of the day with the continuous chatter of "why's and why-nots" momma started to get to the end of her lead. So be it, it's called being human. God knows I love that kid and there are those moments in my life where I question myself and my behavior. For the most part the day was blissful until we were trying to plant seeds and Te didn't have the patience for me to spread the dirt and I didn't have the patience for him to just be randomly placing seeds. Anyways - he eventually slowed down enough to listen and all was good. He is very excited to watch our seeds turn into "vegetables." What makes me feel grumpy about my behavior was last night when it was time for bed. Lately with all that is manifesting in my life at this moment I NEED Te to go to bed at a reasonable hour so I can work. Te wants to be where I am - so it is a constant struggle. I kind of turned nasty and when he is asleep and looking so angelic I want to kick myself in the "a@!" for being a smuck!

I went to my friend's blog today, and she had posted this quote. I thought I would spread the word because it was so what I needed today, or actually more like yesterday.

If I had my child to raise all over again,I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans, from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again"

No comments: