Monday, May 12, 2008

Weeping strip of Road

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of my dad's passing. Not a day goes by without some thought or acknowledgment of my daddy-o. Funny as it seems I was just announcing to Jeff yesterday about how there is this strip of Ustick Rd. between Curtis & Mtn. View that I always have some sort of weeping session. It happens quite regularly and I just realized on Saturday on my way to Market how often I actually do cry a river of tears. Of course it is normally a blue-bird day my heart is exceptionally full of peace and gratitude - the mountains are always staring back.

This morning I rode my bike 11 miles to work since we had left Holy Hannah in town over the weekend. The first ten minutes are always the hardest for me to get into the zone and establish my rhythm. By the time I hit the "weeping strip" of road I was feeling great and grateful to be riding and enjoying the beautiful morning. Just as I crossed over Ustick Rd. onto Mtn. View lo-and-behold my Ipod shuffle began to play Uncle Krackers remake Drift Away. It's a song that reminds me of my dad and it happened to start up on the "weeping strip." Today I didn't cry a river of tears, just a few, and most importantly I laughed. I laughed & chuckled out loud and thanked dad for making his presence known.

Look & listen to the signs, they're there, they're everywhere.

Miss you daddy.

* Also to note. My 6th nephew, Michael Ronald Guayan, was born yesterday on Mother's Day to my sweet baby sister, Melinda and her husband Ron, at 6:01am. Michael was originally due today, May 12.

No comments: