Sunday, May 11, 2008

Excuse me, Excuse me, can I pet your dog?

Yesterday Jeff & Te came to Market. Te & I strolled the three blocks in pursuit of nothing in particular and all along the way we had to stop as Te would inquire to every dog owner we passed, "Excuse me. Excuse me! Can I pet your dog?" We probably petted 5 dogs before I told Te we could not possibly pet every dog we would encounter. We did however pet at least ten different dogs all different breeds. The first one we met was a St. Bernard about 4 months old, his feet bigger then Te's. We met a hot dog as Te called it and a cowboy dog, Jasper. Jasper is a black lab but was wearing a bandana, therefore, he was labeled a cowboy dog. This morning Jeff told me a story about their walk on the way to Market and Te asked a woman in passing, "Excuse me, can I pet your dog?" It was nice everyone was so obliging - I guess it helps when you use your manners :)

The kid is a hoot. Everyone is approachable and he always, always has something endearing or inquisitive to say. Gotta love his good-nature.

No comments: