Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cooked food makes me go...

Sleepy. I feel sleepy. I ate some cooked food with the family yesterday when we went to Leku Ona for dinner. Jeff couldn't stop talking about the roasted peppers so we went to eat roasted peppers along with a slew of other cooked appetizers ~ like croquets! All of the food was delicious - but today I am feeling the remnants of my decision. I am one tired momma. My body seemed to digest it all well - and business as usual this morning - but I can definitely tell a difference in my energy level and my clarity of mind.

This week I have done a lot of milling over in my mind about being completely raw. The original plan was to be 75-80%. I have managed to be 100% (minus two ears of cooked corn and a bite of chocolate on Thursday night) up until yesterday and I have come to the conclusion that in the future I will maintain a 75-80% status. There are just too many things in life that I like to eat and I will be OK with that. For now - or for another 45 days I am going to do my best to be as close to 100% as possible.

It is not convenient to be raw. It takes a lot of work. And I am American afterall... I've been spoiled by convenience. I will take the time though - to spoil myself with love.

No comments: