Thursday, June 18, 2015

A novice account of Ramadan 2015

The past couple years I have contemplated participating with my fellow refugee farmers.
     Fasting from sunrise to sunset. 
          No food, no water, no gum. 
               No sex, no swearing, no gossip. 
Add in a little more prayer. 

Why? 
To support and honor my Muslim friends.
     To discipline myself with new habits and routines.

Why now? 
It's taken me two years to wrap my mind around it and be ready to be 'all in.' 
     No half-assing.
It's another health journey with lining my cellular stars up right.
     I've lived with fibroids since I was 29. 
          Two fairly large ones - one rests on my bladder and the other on my rectum. 
               They normally cause me zero issues unless maybe 2 miscarriages 18 months apart.
2014 brought an ayauasca experience and weekly acupuncture treatments.
          It is time to release the sisters and truly let them go.
               Be grateful for what they have taught me - how they have grounded me.
     
Ramadan 2015 concludes the day I begin my 43rd spin around the sun.

Over the next 29-30 days I will share my novice experience and insight into my ever-evolving spirit.

Now let me eat!

No comments: