Monday, September 05, 2011

Raw BBQ

Sunday was a BBQ birthday bash for my brother-in-law. It was hosted at his sister-in-law's. Not everyone knows I've made the switch to raw and I obviously do not expect anyone to accommodate my current food choices. So - par for the course - I packed myself a meal to be certain I would have something to chew on, including pineapple for dessert. You cannot imagine my glee when it was time to eat once Mindy realized she forgot two salads in the fridge. When she set them on the counter one was coleslaw the other was a zucchini salad. I asked a handful of questions about the ingredients and learned only vinegar, herbs, and lemon & lime squeezes were used for flavoring. I filled my plate! I filled my plate with a watermelon wedge, some unbuttered corn on the cob (not raw I know), pickled cucumbers, purple cabbage coleslaw, and zucchini salad.

Around me everyone was eating pulled pork & beef, BBQ beans, cranberry jello salad, and more. On top of that there was a table full of desserts that included: cake pops, margarita cupcakes, pina colada cupcakes, peach cobbler, Reeses cake...the desserts went on and on. Funny thing is - I would of loved a piece of Reeses cake (I love PB & chocolate) - but I had absolutely no undying desire to break my routine. I don't even have to measure the difference between how I felt before and how I feel now. I am amazed by how much lighter I feel.

It is always par for the course that after we go out to eat we more often then not have to hurry home for Jeff to relieve himself. You see, Jeff has a very efficient metabolism, every time he eats he has to poo. When we got in the car to head home he was stinky, mind you. I was farty too - and the realization came that I don't stink! Eating clean means less bulk, less stink, less discomfort...

I started my Essiac routine finally about 4 days ago. It's a process since you have to brew it and can it. I had to make room in the fridge to fit 7 quart jars of tea. It's best kept refrigerated. It's a highly detoxifying tea. Next in line is learning to suck down the GotuKola/Holy Basil blend. I might have to add stevia just to get it down.

I had one of the best massages ever on Friday too. I have never had my face & scalp worked on and my chest has been in serious need of being worked out for years. I came out of the massage room tingling from the waist up since we didn't have time for my legs. It was great to feel the blood flow. She was so worth the drive to Nampa. I can't thank my friend Angela enough for the complimentary massage. Deborah was the best!

No comments: