Thursday, August 25, 2011

I am addicted to cofffee...shit!

So I had to admit at the end of Day 1 that I am indeed addicted to coffee. I can randomly break the habit at times ~ and everyone suggests not doing it cold turkey ~ but really why should I prolong the process? I had to take a nap in the late afternoon so I didn't have to medicate myself. It helped. I still have a slight headache today but nothing I can't manage. I just keep reminding myself of the bigger picture and the decision is not hard. I do however love my coffee ladies. So yes - I'll be that freak lady asking for a cup of hot water for my tea just so I can visit with my girls. (They've become quite good friends over the past 2-3 years.)

I fortunately already have a K-Tec high tech blender that I use on occasion. In fact I used it a lot when I first learned about my fibroids ~ it will mill grains, make soup, etc. All that fancy shit.

Day 1 Food included:

Breakfast Smoothie: 1 cup hemp milk, 1/2 c orange juice, 1/2 c water, 6 kale leaves, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup blackberries, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 an avocado, handful of parsley.

Large Fuji apple & handful of raw unroasted walnuts

1/4 cup of fresh sauerkraut

Dinner Smoothie: 1 cup hemp milk, 1/2 c orange juice, 1/2 c water,6 kale leaves, 1 c spinach, 1 cup blackberries, 1 cup strawberries, 2 tbsp coconut oil, teaspoon of brewers yeast.

1/4 cup of fresh suaerkraut
Liquid: red clover tea; roobios tea, lemon water

I would like to get to the point where I can drink a warmer smoothie. Don't get me wrong - I don't want it hot - but closer to body temp so my spleen is allowed to work less. I believe my body is too damp & wet. I need a little more fire. So if I remember today I'll throw in some cayenne to spice me up!

No comments: