Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Am I really so mistaken

As I sit here building a website Reham emails me a song to listen to which then starts the whole Itunes shuffle. Quietly, diligently working...then I hear African voices, rhythm and harmony, their fun little inflections and I go back thousands of miles and I feel my soul awaken. It is a surreal experience because no matter how hard I try to put Africa in the back of my mind, it is laying right on the surface waiting for me to wade the waters of serendipity. I know that most may not believe in reincarnation. Let me argue when you feel or have an experience like I do when I get so entangled and thoroughly connected to my core I know it crosses boundaries far beyond this lifetime - it reminds me of how we all are so intertwined - how what I do affects my brothers and sisters elsewhere on this planet and into the boundless abyss of the Universe. It makes me grateful that I expanded my soul on a level that cannot be defined, it makes me grateful to know all kinds (humans, animals, trees, plants, etc).

As I continue to listen to more tunes, the wedding CD occasionally gets in on the shuffle and it makes me remember Jeff and how much I do love him. God forgive me, but I go in waves. It is a challenge no doubt to love someone as best you can unconditionally who is not your child - to love your partner. To be frank it's a chore when you got a couple bull-headed individuals trying to love each other. Some days I would just rather walk the other way and never look back - then there are the moments where you are so grateful for the love and the experience of companionship.

I can't explain my waviness in life - other then the fact that often I just live in the moment and sometimes the moment captures me and it's nice to just let the rhythm of the world unfold. There is synchronicity, there is order...sometimes we don't like what we see...but it's exactly as it should be.

No comments: