Monday, May 21, 2007

9 days and counting

Two weeks from today I'll be going on a river trip with hippos and crocs and then traveling off to Shakaland for a stayover. The anticipation is over-the-top. I can hardly contain my excitement. I know I'll miss my family and especially my sweet boy, but I'll come home and have so much exciting adventure and lessons of love to talk about. I had a revelation the other day while laying down with Te as I put him to bed that I would more then likely cry myself to sleep a couple nights cause I know I will miss him so. For two weeks I won't be able to hug and kiss on him, but my profound ability to love will be shared with many more children who don't get the hugs and love they need or want from parents who do not exist. So many things to do in preparation since I always do things under the gun. I need to make myself about four lists so I know what's going on here, what I need to do and bring to prepare for Africa, what I need to do to help Jeff - make sure all my child care is lined out. It's mind-boggling, however, what doesn't get done will have to wait and in all reality not really a pressing matter.

No comments: