Thursday, March 06, 2008

My Pleasure

So yesterday Te had a pocketful of mints from Sonic - he found his Uncle Jon's stash while we were at the shop and Jon told him he could have them all. ugh. So he proceeded to put them in his coat pocket. We ran a delivery to Bindery Services and as we were departing the parking lot Te was digging into his pocket and asked if he could please give me a piece of his candy. I obliged, knowing it could turn into a long ordeal until I conceded. I listened to him talk to himself and tell me he needed to twist to get the wrapper off. He then handed it to me in my out-stretched hand bent and contorted to reach him in the back seat while driving. I thanked him for sharing. He said, "Your welcome momma, no problem...my pleasure."

I say no problem all the time, my pleasure he picked up somewhere who knows where. This evening we're sitting in bed reading and he wants to share his water with me. I ask, do you like to share with mom and he says "yes, my pleasure...my pleasure mom." And I asked - where did you learn "my pleasure?" And Te said, "my heart."

A nice lesson indeed.

No comments: