Monday, April 23, 2007

Time moving swiftly

Saturday was the first day of the 2007 Market Season - more vendors and more patrons - everyone excited for Spring. It was a beautiful sunshiny day with a few bursts of wind that saw some photograph panels, wood furniture, and a canopy taking flight. Every week is a learning experience of how to keep your stuff secure - I've learned you just don't put up your walls and if the wind is blowing you put everything down low. If it's raining you try to move as much of your stuff inside of the canopy drips and be sure you bring your plastic totes to keep all goods dry.

I'll admit - my last two weeks have been a little over the top in preparation of Market. I am busy at TomKat designing and printing art and print paraphernalia for other fellow vendors along with all our other business, staying up late making inventory for Market, scheduling photo shoots, and attending emergency meetings - while at the same time making time for Te and picking up around the house. Yesterday and today it's like my body is saying "we need rest!" I feel more tired then usual - I don't normally work on 5 hours a sleep - I need 9. So tonight I anticipate watching Heroes (yay!) and going to bed early. We will be attending the Nihon Matsuri in Salt Lake City for the 3rd year - so after tonight the rest of the week will again be dedicated to late nights. May proves to be a busy month ahead. Lots of photography shoots and preparing for South Africa.

Mr. Te is amazing as usual. Very busy little dude. We've had some battle of the wills, typical two-year-old behavior challenging his boundaries. I am not one for swatting him on the rear, yet at times that has been the most effective. However, I have been trying a new method that involves consequences - timeouts work sometimes, swats on the bum work sometime....however, telling him that if he continues to do something he's been asked to stop will result in "x" - it always results in a postive response. For example, yesterday we went to a birthday party and one of the rules is no one plays on the top bunk bed. Te wanted to climb the ladder and I told him, "If you climb that ladder we're going home." Te did not climb the ladder.

Yesterday in route to the birthday party Te informed us his best friend is Coho. Our orange male tabby cat. It was pretty sweet. What the kid knows, what he comprehends it is all so amazing. He's smart as a whip and the memory he has is phenomenal. I just Thank God for our gift.

No comments: