Sunday, October 21, 2007

Creative Consciousness

Whoa. This weekend I was planning on driving to Hailey (ID) with Te and go visit my cousin Bean - the weather was kind of poopy on Friday - thinking inward - nothing set in stone. The day cleared by noon and I decided to do some things around town. I got slightly distracted when I had the opportunity to go to Quality Art on a Saturday. Normally my Saturdays are filled by Market and I never have a chance to leisurely roam the aisles. I admit I was rather excited. I was going to splurge on a few things for myself as well as pick up some more paint for my Africa project. As it turns out I ended up buying more art supplies that are really meant for Te. Since we were in the neighborhood I decided to stop by Reham's to say howdy. Instead Te & I stayed for about 3 hours. Reham has a big show in Vegas in just under ten days and I decided to help her build inventory. I would of probably stayed into the early hours of darkness had it been unnecessary for Te to nap. My 2nd mosaic ever was a round mirror with a fish and some seaweed. Once I got my creative juices flowing they continue to flow. I came home, put the boy to bed, went downstairs and put a good thick coat of "Sand Between Your Toes" on the downstairs hallway. It's a nice warm color I picked out to make the basement a little more homey. Then a few window appliques - a fish, BSU -for Te to stick to the windows. And finally Saturday night concluded with Te and I watching "A Christmas Story" and me completing a crocheted hat for Te this winter. My night ended with me laying stir crazy in bed thinking of all these ideas to mosaic.
I made three more mosaics while Jeff attended to Te today. I am flipping addicted right now cause it feels so, so, so good to be creative. It's terrible when you forget what it feels like to be beyond passionate or should I say just tuned in. I can't stop - I am remembering what it feels like to live, breath, and dream about making art. This goes beyond just taking photographs. Painting, mosaicing, glass fusing those make me feel centered - active meditation. My mind is spinning, spinning, spinning.
Lest not forget the simple beauty of also watching Te grow up. I haven't written much about his progress like I did the first year with my "Notes to Te, " I need to be more consistent. A sweet story today. I was perusing the ads in the Sunday News and Te as usual has to come and get into my business. I see a Shopko ad and it has a toy catalog handout and I tell Te "Hey check this out," so I have a moment to finish reading what I am looking at. He thumbs through the ads all seriously pointing and commenting on things he sees and he asks me all serious, "how you get these toys momma?" I tell him you have to buy them. He proceeds to say, "I need to buy these toys momma." Lately everything with Te is, "Te will do it." Inquisitive questions of "Why do baby's fart?" Just normal humbling anecdotes of a developing child. Gotta love it. Tonight he is sleeping in his new bed set-up which includes a headboard that is housing all his books. So it is past midnite at this moment and he's still in his room trying to read by the hallway light. The books I knew might pose a temptation so in due time hopefully rhe newness of his new bed assembly, etc. will wear off so his little head is down for rest before the new day dawns.
Wow. I am kind of all over the place. I said my head was spinning!

No comments: