Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Changing Behavior

I think one of the hardest parts to being a momma is listening to your child cry your name when you know you have to let them continue to cry so that everyone can create a new behavior. Right now I a teaching Te how to put himself to bed, I enjoy laying down with my son, however there are times when I lay with him up to 40 minutes where most of the time momma falls asleep for the rest of the night. Falling asleep with Te would not be such a big deal except I always have such a full plate that there are many things I need to work on once Te goes to bed...one of them being school, another being inventory for Market, homework from work - you name it - I always have something that needs to be done.
The past few days I myself am creating new behavior. My plan is to work myself up to getting up at 430/5am so it allows me to get to work earlier so I can get off earlier and have more of my day to spend quality time with Te. If I can get to work by 530/6am I can come home by 130pm and have a good eight hours to hang, play, and learn with Te. Normally I leave for work around 945/10am which lets me leisurely wake up with Te and get him started for the day, the downfall is I don't get home until 630/7pm and thus only have a couple hours to enjoy Te time. So I want to change that so I have more time for Te, Jeff, and myself.
I have four more weeks of school left - talk about being excited for a new chapter! It's like I am going to have a new lease on life. I need to start making my garden plans, marketing my photography and designing, busting out inventory for next Market season...the story of my life. Go, go, go - except once I turn my days around I'll be hiking in the afternoons with my kid on my back or at my heels. I cannot wait to feel like I have my life back. It is hard not to lose yourself when you go to school no matter how hard one tries.
Always remember to love life and be grateful for this experience.

No comments: